July 22, 2011
This installation represents the first VAWT installation in a golf course in the world. It relies on an innovative system to take advantage of wind power to obtain electricity, which is patented by Geolica Innovations, Kliux’s R&D laboratory.
This particular installation is near the trail of the reknown Camino de Santiago.
- Kliux Geo 4k hybrid system
- Mini aero-generator with 3,3 kW + 3,3 kWp
- Photovoltaic panels located on the roof of the Golf Club House
- Electronic panel located in the basement for charging the buggies
- Energy self-sufficient for charging the buggies
- Four main benefits provided by the Kliux VAWT to the users: reliable access to energetic resources, utility bill reduction, community and corporate positive image and advertising support